How we work with schools
We work in partnership with more than 40 schools, helping more than 500 young people every week.
Students join us from the host school and several other schools nearby.
Working closely with schools’ inclusion staff, we make sure our practitioners have all the information they need to carefully tailor their approach for each student’s individual needs. Because it’s important students form positive relationships with their peers during their time in Art Room studios, we also discuss how to form compatible groups that will work well together.
We then discuss each child's progress with their school to make sure the positive impact of their time in The Art Room endures when children return to classroom.
We operate out of eight Art Room studios, located in primary and secondary schools across Oxford, London and Edinburgh:
- Oxford Spires Academy, Secondary School
- Orchard Meadow, Blackbird Lees Academy, Oxford, Primary School
- Stephen Freeman School, Didcot, Primary School
- Northolt High School, London, Secondary School
- Robert Blair, London, Primary School
- Stockwell Primary School, London
- Barlby Primary School, London
- Wester Hailes High School, Edinburgh
Visiting The Art Room studios brings many great benefits to pupils and school alike:
- An early therapeutic intervention for students with specific emotional, behavioural and learning needs.
- Great value for Pupil Premium spend.
- Impact measured and analysed through SDQ scores and reports which track the arc of students’ progress.
- A motivating and creative space that focuses on helping children to express themselves, grow in confidence, build relationships and engage more in learning.
- Wider ‘whole school’ support, including Inset, Twilight and Postgraduate training for school staff to help them support children with difficulties. We can also help you establish a creative, relational response across the whole school system.
Want to find out more? Please get in touch with us via our Place2Be Enquiries form.