Training Opportunities at the Art Room
The Art Room offers a range of training for professionals and agencies working with children, young people, vulnerable adults and families in transferable aspects of our methodology.
Full day, half day and twilight INSET training.
We offer bespoke CPD training that combines theory, experiential learning, critical reflection and team-building, including:
- Building trusting relationships and a safe ‘holding’ environment
- Fostering resilience through creativity
- Cultivating positive language and communication
- Developing emotional literacy through art and stories
Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert) in Applied Art Room Practice / Certificate in Art Room Practice (Graduate level)
Course starting September 2017
An opportunity to develop understanding, skills and strategies for working therapeutically with children and young people facing challenges in their lives.
The course will equip students to understand and apply aspects of our unique and effective methodology in their own professional practice. The Art Room Is a recognised national charity specialising in working therapeutically with groups of children and young people who may be experiencing social and emotional challenges, some of whom may be at risk of exclusion from mainstream education.
As a student on this course you will:
- Gain insight into the unique approach of The Art Room to working therapeutically with children who may be experiencing emotional and social challenges
- Learn principles and practices to work therapeutically and developmentally with children and young people
- Develop your understanding, skills and confidence as a creative and reflective practitioner.
- Develop a capacity to participate in critical enquiry in relation to children’s learning and emotional well-being.
- Reflect on the experience of applying specific principles of Art Room methodology to your professional setting through peer participation in a community of practice.
- Earn (at the PGC level) 60 credits at Masters level which can be combined with other modules at Bath Spa University or nationally to contribute to a full Masters.
This course has been developed in close collaboration with Bath Spa University and is based on our successful Postgraduate Certificate in Art Room Practice. Former students include those working in mainstream and specialist education, social care, youth and community arts work, adult education in the criminal justice system, outdoor learning and other therapeutic interventions. We welcome applications from graduates and from those who may wish to access the course at graduate level.
The Fees for the course are £3,850
Fees are inclusive of:
- Ten weekly seminars and workshop sessions in Oxford during September – December 2017
- Two observation days in an Art Room
- Four facilitated small group reflective practice seminars, January – March 2018
- Three individual tutorials on writing and practice
- All course materials
- Access to the BSU online library and our dedicated online course platform
- A BSU student card
Enquiries welcome – please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Outline of Course Structure here